Powered By Blogger
I do whatever I feel on this blog. Whatever comes to mind, whatever piques my interest, I shall, or at least, try to post it here...

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Work - It Sucks


Have I ever told you that I hate work? Actually, whom haven't you heard that from? I know, you know, everyone knows, that nobody likes work...unless if it's getting paid for getting paid, then I guess everyone would like that line of work, but unfortunately, there's no such kind of work like that...yet.

So what is it that I'm going to talk about this time? The way money controls people basically and how it overall sucks...

It generally sucks how there's only 7 days in a week, because most jobs, like you and I know, take up 5 of those days. Some people like to refer to this line of work as "full time". So, ok, you got a full time job. Do you like it? Probably not, but it's what you can get right now. You're a student, you can't afford the kind of education you want right at this very moment and you need some scratch to pay bills, food, and mostly your entertainment. One thing about this set-up really pisses me off, and not only at students, but to most adults who work office jobs around the clock.

I like money, I know everyone else would say so too, but what good use is money if you can't spend it? Ok, let me expand my analogy to you: Say you want a full time job, so, generally that means 30+ hours a week, but wait! You want to keep your job, and most of all, you want more money, so you go for 40+ hours a week. Now on top of all the bullshit that lies at work, you do this for 5 days a week, maybe even 6, or hell, why not 7? More days, more hours, mean more money right? But let me ask you, what are you going to do with all this money if you have no time to actually spend it?

Working 8 - 5 everyday, and sometimes weekends, tires you out by the end of the day, so the last thing you're thinking about at the end of your shift, is any kind of material good, other than your bed, where you can  sleep 'till your next work day comes. Never mind hanging out with friends anymore, that one day where you can actually spend some of your hard-earned money has come!...but, you might want to make time for your friends anyway...or maybe your wife/husband...or maybe just take a day off and watch the game...or all this other shit you couldn't do before, but you can now, only on this one fucking day!

This whole concept just drives me insane!

Now... admittedly, I have some wonderful friends who can actually work some full time jobs and make room for everything else in their lives...I don't know how, but kudos to them for it!

What pisses me off are the idiots who think it's a good idea to become workaholics so they can be bossed around by their co-workers, and their annoying boss who constantly puts them down everyday, and in such a position where the clients you attend to are fucking rude, and fucking spit in your face, only then to find out later that you fucked up and did everything wrong and must work overtime, unpaid, only to fix what you thought was right, then going home to a sub-loving family who expect you to bust your ass at both home and work, else you'll be labeled a hypocritical, unloving, son-of-a-bitch, bastard, then repeating all this shit 5 days a week for the next 30 - 50 years!!

Shit...work sucks...

I'm looking for work right now, and I hope I get hired somewhere. This rant's always been on my mind every since I got my first REAL job, though I've delivered newspapers in the past before...

Sheeit.

Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews