Powered By Blogger
I do whatever I feel on this blog. Whatever comes to mind, whatever piques my interest, I shall, or at least, try to post it here...

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Source a.k.a. Radio Shack - Stoners Central


Wow, just wow. I have never seen so many stoned people in the same place at once before in my life, until I came to a store that replaced Radio Shack, called, "The Source".


This store is almost found everywhere, where a Radio Shack used to be, but I highly advise you, or recommending somebody else, like a friend, that if they want electronic equipment, like headphones, or blank CD's, or even just good customer service, tell them to go somewhere more professional like Best Buy, or Future Shop, because honestly, there are so many things wrong with these places that I don't even know where to start!

First of all, are the prices. The prices are outlandishly expensive as all hell, and they expect you to buy at these ridiculous prices! There are blank CD's, like in a 15 pack, that cost $29.99, and no, I'm not even fucking kidding! I saw a discounted pack of blank DVD's for the same price, and that was for a 20 pack! What the fuck?! Why the hell are blank CD's more expensive than blank DVD's? I thought DVD's are more valuable than CD's since they can hold a lot more space, and can even have movies burned onto them! When the fuck did this happen?

Also, they sell video games, and video game systems, like PS3's. I went there looking for a PS3 as a Christmas present for myself last year, and can you believe that during the boxing week sale, their PS3's were STILL $399! And this was for a slim PS3 too! I could name several other different electronic stores that were selling PS3 Slim's for half that, and even then their "Fat" PS3's were the price of the Slim's at The Source! 

That's another thing that I don't understand. Why is it that the older model of a video game system is more expensive than the newer model? It makes no sense! Besides the backwards compatibility, there's really nothing else, because you can't really play pirated PS2 games on any PS3 anyways.

Another thing I gotta mention is the merchandise that they sell. I was looking for a good turntable to play my records on, and this stoned-spaced-out-worthless-guy of an employee comes up to me and shows me their "latest model" in turntables. Oh, wait, though, because before I mention anything, this employee had NO IDEA what a turntable even was, so I had to explain it to him in intricate detail that they are a "record player that plays records", and even then he had no idea what that meant. Somehow, though, I got him to show me their poor excuse of a turntable, and of course, I was grabbing at straws so I'd take anything I could get my hands on.

I took it home and it was shit. It's still shit. It's horrible shit. There's no pitch change, no way to change to cartridge, or needle, there's clicks and pops throughout the recording of any record, and plus, it skips the record sometimes because old record players weren't meant to play a record that had loud bass, so that's why it skips!

Finally, getting back to the most important matter at hand, is the fucking employees! As I've stated before, there was an employee that looked stoned, acted stoned, and I could swear he even smelled like weed. But that's not just him, oh no, that's ALL the employees at The Source! ALL of them are stoned out of their fucking minds, I don't know where to begin with this one!

There's people wandering back and forth throughout the store, sort of nodding off, as if they were falling asleep - there are employees who look like they're half-awake and don't give a shit about anything you have to say to them - when they're trying to promote a product, they have this very long-drawl-kind-of-drone-y voice that trails away in the middle of their sentence, like, 

"Here....if you need...um...any batteries, there's some...like, right here, for, um...only, uh..." The employee then turns away and asks his employee, "Uh...how much are these again?"

His co-worker responds, "Oh, uh...I think...um...$5.99? Maybe...? I'm pretty sure..."

Then both the employees look up on their computer how much their batteries are, which take up approximately 5 minutes. Then the employee that was helping me comes back to me and says, 

"Right, um...they're $5.99...so...do you, uh...want some?" While he slaps his hand over the box of batteries they have.

And this is almost all of my experiences that I've had at The Source too! The only times that I get lucky, is when I'm getting served by the only energetic, yet, aggravated worker in the store. And even then, it's kinda creepy that he's the only one that's running here and there, back and forth, trying to get everything done, but in a pissed off kind of way.

My final say on The Source is: Don't go there. They suck. Seriously. Just don't. It sucks so hard, that they'd have to want to pay me to go there, and even then, all I'd ask from them is for at least ONE of the employees to give me a smile, even if it's not sincere, I want ONE of them, to at least greet me when I go into the store, and at least ONE of them, to thank me for shopping at their store, and only then would I want to shop there...well, at least until they lower their prices on their shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews